Next in our monthly series “From the Experts,” is Home Insurance. During your home purchase or sale you’ll come into contact with many experts in the real estate field. To help you feel more confident at selecting your home partners I wanted to give you a chance to hear directly from them.
Next on our list of experts is Matt Dowler with Liberty Mutual Insurance. The insurance representative is who you select as the buyer to help protect the home you are purchasing. Matt Dowler has been in the insurance industry for over 10 years. You can trust that he is an expert in this field and is ready to help you find the right plan for you.
1. What is your primary role in a home purchase?
To help you find the best home insurance plan for you.
2. Why is your service/role necessary?
To protect you and your most value asset (YOUR HOME)
3. Is your service paid for upfront or is it covered in my closing costs?
Home Insurance is typically paid for at closing and built into your Escrow account unless you are paying cash for the home.
4. Is your service a recurring fee every year once I purchase a home?
Home Insurance is paid once a year. You’ll pay the first year at closing, like mentioned above, then it is paid every year, but it is paid out of your Escrow account. This is not a separate bill that you are responsible for paying directly yourself.
5. What should I know about your particular industry?
Insurance is highly competitive and value/service differs from company to company. Do your research and make sure to compare several plans before choosing one for you. This is often something people leave to the end of their purchase and move through it quickly or pick whoever they have their car insurance with. Bundling services can help you save.
6. If I were to compare you to another service provider, what would you say your standout qualities are?
I’m local! You do business with me, not my service team. Liberty Mutual is a Fortune 100 company so you have the expertise of a large company while getting the hospitality of a local company.
7. If I choose to work with you would I be working directly with you or someone else in your company?
My clients work directly with me and that’s how I intend to keep it.
Thanks for sharing that info, Matt! If you have more questions about home inspections you can reach out to Matt Dowler with Liberty Mutual at 804.420.3749 or www.libertymutual.com/matthew-dowler.